- Go to https://wordpress.com/ and get an account (username and password).
Using the Class Website
- Sign in with your WordPress.com login.
- If the class website admin area is not showing, choose “Switch Site” in the top-left, then choose the SJSU Smart Speakers Class.
About User Roles
Each user of the website has a “role” that can limit what she can do. Students will be assigned “Author” roles. The following are the roles in a WordPress website.
- Administrator – nothing is off limits* (see note below)
- Editor – has access to all posts, pages, comments, categories, tags, and links.
- Author – can write, upload photos to, edit, and publish their own posts.
- Contributor – has no publishing or uploading capability, but can write and edit their own posts until they are published
- Follower (public sites) / Viewer (private sites only) – can read and comment on posts and pages
In the menu on the left, choose Settings. Then, choose Tags in the settings. Here, you can add, edit, or delete tags.
In the menu on the left, choose Settings. Then, choose Categories in the settings. Here, you can add, edit, or delete categories.
Other information is on the website, https://thenewreporter.com