What if your SSML doesn’t work? How can you figure out what is wrong?
- Copy the text of your post (in the “Text” tab, not the “Visual” tab).
- Open the website, https://www.xmlvalidation.com/
- Paste your post into the text area
- Type “<speak>” at the beginning of your text. Then, type “</speak>” at the end of your text.
- Click the “validate” button
The website will then tell you what is wrong with your code. You will have to look closely to figure out what the errors mean. Usually, you have failed to add an closing tag, as shown with “emphasis” :
<emphasis level="strong">really like</emphasis>
Or, you may have used the wrong values inside your tag. Or misspelled something. Look closely!